Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Episode # 10 Show Notes

String Beans Oo-La-La

20 oz French Cut String Beans
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
3 Medium onions
3/4 cup water

Cook onions with just a spray of Pam if needed slowly (on low flame) until carmelized (brown and sweet). Cook string beans seperately. In casserole dish, combine soup and water, then add string beans.

Add 3/4 of the onions. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes. Top with the remainder of onions and cook for another 5-10 min.

1 point per serving (makes 8 servings), or about 50 calories.



Daily Weighing:
I told you that I would show you an example of one of my weeks of daily weighings, it's very interesting. And I can look at my book to see what I ate on particular days if I'm confused about a particular weight.

Day 1: 178.5
Day 2: 178.7
Day 3: 175.8 (ok, if I were only doing weekly weigh ins, and I did on day 2, how discouraged would I have felt?)
Day 4: missed
Day 5: 176.4
Day 6: 176.6

This is just to illustrate that your weight fluctuates every day. I like knowing what my body is doing much better that hoping for the best and crossing my fingers on weigh day.

I any of you try this, let me know which way you prefer.

I know a lot of you are afraid of the scale, but this is more than just a number, this is understanding how your specific body works and reacts to food, exercise, and your efforts.

Take care!
Beth*

4 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

*gulp*

I started the daily weighing today. All of the reasons you pointed out made great sense.

The first time I lost my weight I was a daily weigher, which is my #1 reason for wanting to record it daily again. It really helped keep me in check, rather than thinking I could have a bad day and just pray the effects would disappear by the next weigh in day!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cool Sarah! Don't be afraid, it's your body, you should know as much about it as possible. And every body reacts differently to food, exercise, pms, and stress. This just gives you an idea of how your weight reacts to it.

Take care!
Beth*

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Hi Beth,

I've been listening for a few weeks now and have been encouraged by your information and knowing others go through the same struggles as I do!

I began losing in March and can proudly report that I went from 220 to 146 today, with a few more pounds to go to reach my goal of 135. I found that writing down everything I eat has kept me very aware and accountable to my daily calorie totals. I also keep track of my weight daily and log my exercise (walking daily - 4 miles). I guess I'm a visual and stat kind of person and it helps me to see progress in writing as well as in the way my clothes fit, etc.

I agree that daily weighing is not nearly as scary as waiting too long between stepping on the scale.

Keep up the great work and thank you for your motivating words!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is really interesting; awards being given to readers. Yehey! But I have to give you the props for creating such a well-thought guideline lol hahahaha
Green Tea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home